Our first glimpse of the team in the preseason!
Initial reactions and observations
- In the first half, Bayern Munich looked really good. Thomas Tuchel played a bog-standard 4-2-3-1, double pivot, overlapping full-backs and inverted wingers. While Rottach-Egern isn’t exactly valid opposition, the team was excellent at using the wide areas to find space to cut up Egern.
- Jamal Musiala and Mathys Tel were the men of the first half. Excellent outings from these two young men.
- In the second half we saw all of Tuchel’s bad habits come to life. The entire XI was changed and the play suddenly became narrow and congested. The players themselves weren’t that good, of course, but the biggest difference was the approach to the game, which caused Bayern a lot of problems.
- Sadio Mane is a headache and a half. Yes, he scored, but only after what feels like a million frustrating attempts. His first action on the ball was offside against a 9th division team. He’s just not training and even the Saudis might be put off signing him at this rate.
- Marcel Sabitzer played like a perfect fox in the field. Harry Kane who? It’s amazing how no team has picked him up yet, he’s available for such a low price.
Thanks for watching with us! Stay tuned for more analysis!
Full time: Bayern Munich win 27-0 (yeah).
89′ — GOAL! Mane makes it 27-0!
86′ — GOAL! Coman makes it 26-0!
83′ — GOAL! Gravenberch makes it 25-0!
73′ — GOAL! Warrior makes it 24-0!
71′ — GOAL! Sabitzer makes it 23-0!
70′ — GOAL! Sabitzer makes it 22-0!
65′ — GOAL! Sabitzer makes it 21-0! Hattrick x4!
64′ — GOAL! Sabitzer makes it 20-0! It was getting a little scary out there.
56′ — Sub: Choupo off to Wanner. Deeply worrying. It looks like another injury.
49′ — GOAL! Sabitzer makes it 19-0!
45′ — The second half is underway! We had a million subs which is basically impossible to count. Just wait for them to score.
Half time: Bayern Munich leads 18-0.
44′ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 18-0!
43′ — GOAL! Gnabry makes it 17-0! Hattrick x3!
41′ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 16-0!
40′ — GOAL! Phone makes it 15-0!
36′ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 14-0! Today’s second hat trick!
35′ — GOAL! Gnabry makes it 13-0!
34′ — GOAL! Phone makes it 12-0!
30′ — GOAL! Upa makes it 11-0!
28′ — GOAL! Phone makes it 10-0! Hat trick!
27′ — GOAL! Mazraoui makes it 9-0!
25′ — GOAL! Phone makes it 8-0!
22′ — GOAL! Phone makes it 7-0!
19′ — GOAL! Laimer makes it 6-0!
13′ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 5-0!
12′ — GOAL! Gnabry makes it 4-0!
8′ — GOAL! Davies makes it 3-0!
4′ — GOAL! Gnabry makes it 2-0!
3′ — GOAL! Musiala makes it 1-0!
Kickoff: We are at it!
20 minutes to kickoff: We have our lineups! Looks like a back four with Joshua Kimmich and Konrad Laimer in the middle. Mathys Tel gets a chance to show that he can be a striker for Bayern Munich in the future. Meanwhile, Benjamin Pavard, who has been linked with a move away from Bayern this summer, will also get a start.
45 minutes to kickoff: Bayern still haven’t announced the lineups, but that’s probably because the Kim Min-Jae transfer is in focus. We will keep you updated.
While transfer window may still be open, Bayern Munich have already started preparing for the new season with a training camp in the Bavarian town of Tegernsee. Today the club have scheduled a friendly against local side FC Rottach-Egern, which will be our first chance to see what Thomas Tuchel has been up to in the new season.
Don’t expect a competitive game. The last time these two teams played each other, Bayern scored 23 goals without conceding. But we could get to see the likes of Raphael Guerreiro and Konrad Laimer pull on a Bayern kit for the first time and find out if Tuchel coaches his team in a back four or a back three. Otherwise, this game is mostly to soothe the itch until the actual preseason friendlies start.
The match can be watched live for free on Bayern’s official YouTube channel. Enjoy!
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our podcast? Listen to it below or on Spotify.
Location: Tegernsee, Germany
Time: 6:30pm local time, 12:30pm EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you are a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We are
mostlyvery friendly! We are also from all parts of the world, so don’t feel shy if you are from a country that doesn’t seem represented on the blog.
- If the comments section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. There is no need to have all the comments loaded at once while just casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the most recent comments at the top.
- Here at BFW, we celebrate every goal like they do in the stadium: with a song. The goal songs are for everyone to participate in! Even if you are lagging behind the others, continue to answer the latest call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid gratuitous obscenities. Racist, homophobic and misogynistic language is not permitted at all.
Check out our beginner thread if you have more questions. That’s about it. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an endless well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation about Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something else entirely, we’ve got it all.