ESPN5 minutes of reading
The summer transfer window is open for some leagues in Europe and there is plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, completed deals!
TOP STORY: Liverpool, Newcastle eye Chiesa
Premier League sides Liverpool and Newcastle United are among the teams fighting to sign the Juventus winger Frederick Churchaccording to Gazzetta dello Sport.
There is also interest in the 25-year-old’s signature from Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich.
Chiesa returned to action for Bianconeri in January after a year on the sidelines following an anterior cruciate ligament injury, and found bright form towards the end of the Serie A campaign with two goals and two assists in the past five games. He was also on target in Italy’s 3-2 UEFA Nations League semi-final win over the Netherlands earlier this month.
Juventus are open to listening to bids, but that would require a proposal of at least €60 million. Chiesa has two years left on his contract at the Allianz Stadium.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (USA)
09.07 BST: Arsenal striker Beth Mead has spoken about the prospect of her England team-mate Alexia Russo joins her at the club.
Russo’s departure from Manchester United was announced on June 16 and sources have told ESPN’s Mark Ogden that Arsenal are leading the race to sign the England striker. The move is close to being agreed ahead of the England squad traveling to the Women’s World Cup on July 5.
“I love playing with Alessia in England and I would love to do it at Arsenal,” Mead, who will miss the Australia and New Zealand tournament through injury, told BBC London.
“I know Alessia has been open about how much [the speculation] have put on the shoulders right now. As an English teammate you have to respect what she wants and try not to put too much pressure on what happens.
“She has a World Cup to look forward to and hopefully she doesn’t have too much stress in it.”
08.30 BST: Manchester United have agreed a deal with Chelsea to sign Mason Mount, Sources told ESPN on Thursday evening. United will initially pay £55 million ($69.4 million) with a further £5 million ($6.3 million) in additions.
Sources told ESPN that the bonuses for Chelsea are “heavily dependent” on performances and Mount’s success at Old Trafford. Sources added that with Mount on holiday, his medical is set to take place next week.
The two clubs have reached a compromise after Chelsea initially demanded £70m for the England international. United had seen bids of £40m, £50m and £55m rejected by Chelsea.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Real Madrid is interested in signing Fenerbahce’s attacking midfielder Arda Guleraccording to Sport. Several clubs in Europe are keeping a close eye on the 18-year-old, med Gianluca DiMarzio also reported that Barcelona sporting director Deco traveled to Turkey to discuss a move for him this week. It is believed that the highly rated customer prefers to move to a club where he will be guaranteed first-team football.
– An agreement has been reached between Arsenal and Ajax Amsterdam for a defender Jurrien Timberreports Daily mail. Timber has emerged as a transfer priority at centre-back for manager Mikel Arteta and the Gunners have seen their £40.5m offer. accepted. Timber, 22, made 39 appearances for the Eredivisie side last season, while also starring in four matches for the Netherlands at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.
– Barcelona are willing to offer the USA defender Sergino Dest to Atletico Madrid as part of a player exchange deal for the winger Yannick Carrascoaccording to Sport. That Blaugrana will not activate the €19m release clause to sign the 29-year-old Carrasco, but are looking at various possible ways to secure his signature. That could include sending Dest, 23, to the Spanish capital after his lackluster loan spell at AC Milan.
– Liverpool and Lazio are interested in signing the Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinskiaccording to journalist Ekrem Konir. The Serie A champions are believed to be aware of interest in the 29-year-old Poland international and are working to offer him an improved contract to keep him at the Diego Armando Maradona Stadium.
– International midfielder Marcelo Brozovic has agreed a deal to join Al Nassr, journalist reveals Fabricius Roman. The 30-year-old has agreed a three-year contract worth €100m which will see him join Cristiano Ronaldo in the Saudi Pro League. Brozovic had previously been on Barcelona’s radar, but after Al Nassr moved quickly to meet the Croatia international’s demands, it looks like he is now set to become the next star from Europe to head to Saudi- Arabia.